Laminate flooring is one of the most popular types of flooring because it’s versatile, beautiful, and comes in a variety of colors and styles. Many people even choose laminate flooring over hardwood because it can provide the look of a hardwood floor without the expensive price tag. But how do you know which type of laminate flooring is right for your home or business? Durable ... Port Allegany PA 16743 Here are several tips to help you out.
• Decide on the style of laminate flooring you want. Each type of laminate flooring has what’s called the “photographic layer,” and this layer is what gives the flooring its appearance, whether that means it looks like stone, wood, or another style. Your local flooring showroom to see the many shades and designs in person so that Port Allegany PA 16743 you can get a good idea about the type of look you want in the space.
• Check out the AC rating of all the different styles of laminate flooring. This rating is the abrasion class of the flooring, and it will tell you how much traffic the floor will be able to handle. Several factors are taken into consideration when the AC rating is Laminate Flooring a Powerful Decorative Asset Port Allegany PA 16743 being determined. Burns, scratches, stains, heat, impact, and stress are all taken into account. Water resistance is also a part of the AC rating. All of these measurements are bundled together, and the flooring is given a rating that will tell you exactly how durable it is. Some laminate flooring options are simply rated for light use, while others are tough enough to handle Port Allegany PA 16743 being located in high traffic areas. The lowest rating is AC2, and the highest rating is AC5.
• You should also check out the details on the construction of the flooring. Most retailers will be able to explain how the flooring is made. For example, some brands attach the underlayment to the flooring so that it’s easier to install. Others may require additional work when Port Allegany PA 16743 it comes to installation.
• Ask about the warranty when you’re buying flooring as well. Some brands offer extended warranties, while others may only last a few years.
• Consider your budget when deciding which flooring to purchase, but don’t forget to consider the durability of the floor as well. It can be tempting to purchase one particular type of flooring because it is less expensive Port Allegany PA 16743 than others, but if you have to replace it a lot sooner than you would those other floors, then you still won’t be in budget, even if it feels like you are when you make the initial purchase. Remember to factor in the long-term ownership costs involved in owning a particular floor, including replacement if the floor is not made to stand up to Port Allegany PA 16743 the type of traffic you put to it.
When making your final decision about which type of laminate flooring to buy, remember to take a few samples with you so that you can see what they look like in the space you will be purchasing the flooring for. Also be sure to check with an expert for more assistance in choosing the right floor.